Skip to main content

The 51Talk 1st Anniversary






It's been a year with this Amazing platform. 
I am such a blessed one for being part of this growing family.
But within almost a year there are also wavy moments. 
Crying and joyful moments I as figured out. 
But before we talk deeper in this beautiful platform.
 Let's begin from the very start...


What is 51talk?
51Talk Platform is an English Language Teaching (ELT). Teaching most of the Young Chinese Learners. It is the world's leading Online English Education Platform. It is recognized by New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) which means a globally recognized market leader in the e-education industry.


In 2018, I noticed this platform in ads in different social media I used. Scrolling my New Feeds their ads makes me wonder if What would I do after my college years. At that moment, I dream it to become one of their teacher which I got it now.


Even don't have the complete equipment and materials that need in teaching but my heart has a passion to continue and has never been to think to stop.
In the first step of the process, I fill in a form in which I wrote my complete name, e-mail, and my phone number. In the following days, I received a call that initiates a random interview for almost 5 minutes. I was feeling excited and a little bit nervous and that call made me proceed in the next step.





Blessedly, I got the second step which Technical check. But at that time I have no things to show up. So what I did?  Well, they said in your own vacant Schedule Date. Wow. Amazing! I breathe freely. And you know what in this process was continued in 2019.

In the first quarter of 2019, all of the process I have been through was completed. But the thing that I will never forget is in the last 6th process which was with the Chinese Evaluator Demonstration. That day, I was restless because that feeling you see a real Chinese and you will be evaluated with your performance. During the demonstration, I was so intense but my evaluator is kind and made some great advice which made my demo WONDERFUL.


Well Done Star Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock


Job well done! For all the process of requirements have been through.
 Then, I got my first plotting of classes I was so happy and excited because I have real Chinese students.
In the first month of my Journey, all of the things are smoothly run in their place many bookings equals many students and I got my first salary. Wow.


But all the happiness was fade and my career on this platform was shaken due to the death of my beloved mom. I was so devastated, teaching in class with a happy face but at the end of the happy smile was a pail of tears. I don't know how to handle the situation at that time. Because it was the first time I have been through this kind of situation and my maturation is not been matured as of now.
So I was shaken due to the lock of my page which means I can't open a class. 
Instead, I will be having a lot of students but it wasn't.


And for the next two months on this platform, I was a mess due to the things I can't handle. 
Crying to the deepest one. Doing fasting for the faith that has been almost gone.
and the worst I have been given a final warning due to the absences I been committed.
The flowing of problems gone through.


But I encourage myself to hold and never quit.   

      
After several months going through, it has been back to normal and the flowers have started blooming. Opportunities knock in.


In these things, 51TALK teaches me to be more confident, competent, responsible, never give up, and helps me to sharpen my profession into a great one that always has dignity, integrity, and be true to what I've done.

I have been recently heard the things the cons about in 51Talk but the truth is that 
as their Independent Service Provider, we have a duty to the rules.
But as for me, I salute this Marvelous Company not just 
sustain my living but it helps me
 also to be a better professional one.



Girl making heart shape | Premium Vector


Thank you 51talk for such great things that I have been through and for that thing that I will have for the years coming not for the whole of my life but it is my pleasure to be part of your awesome company.




                                                     
  Love lots Teacher Shiela Pat ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Your Weakness,He is Your Greatest Strength

 I have been in 30 days challenged to get to know myself more and indeed I know a lot in myself that I've been didn't know. Aside from knowing how it reacts, think, hear the heartbeat of my heart, and understand it.  I see myself in a mirror full of imperfections. but this challenge makes me reflect on who I am in Him. At the beginning of the month, I plan things for myself. I set plans, goals, and dreams and it is not bad things. BUT I put a lot of self-interest, self-priority and I didn't aware that it leads me to self , SELFISH desires instead of making Him a priority and knowing Him more. And I was in huge trouble. Just at the moment, the great test-challenged of the month comes. I've been didn't know how to overcome it because I was holding this grudge and care for it too much to the point I poison my own thoughts, heart, soul, and spirit.  I have been hiding it from the people around me and say I am ok. But I was really not. Days run fast, I keep fighting on m...

You Are Loved

To the beautiful soul who is reading this, I know you have been through much in life. You have been through many challenges, trials, rejections, and heartaches. But you still fighting and determined to continue. I just want to say you are so brave and amazing! You know God never leaves and forsakes you. He still guiding your ways. Looking and planning your steps in life. So that you will take life in a great way. Don't forget to acknowledge Him in all of your ways. When you face circumstances, I know you are strong enough because He is your greatest strength. Then suddenly there is a closed door. Be grateful for it because God prepares a new door for you to take that no one can shut for the reason that He sees you have little strength but you still praise Him and honoring His name. God loves you so much and He always sees your heart status. Even though people around you can't see the shape of it. He knows every angle of it so just rest on His presence. When you face rejections,...

Your Safe Place

As everyone has favorite places that secure them. Sometimes I wonder that their place is on the fringe of the world. But mine is different from them.  When  life is full of challenging and  unexpected things that make you shaken but all these things happen for a purpose. Like every time I wonder about certain things.  And there's a beautiful vision that comes to my mind and I ask guidance if what it's meaning  through prayer. And as I go to my favorite place. I feel the true peace that I have been always looking for that the world can't give.  Hearing the beautiful hymns of the birds, heading up high to the amazing blue skies, and feel the breeze of nature is a glorious gift every day.    As every moment I go here. I have three things to prepare. Those are:                       1. My Holy Bible Book.  It was given by my Highschool English Teacher Ma'am Jemai....